My name is Kendra. I am loved beyond belief by an infinite God. I exist to love him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to make his love visible in the world around me.
I am married to a wonderful man. I am mother to a smart, energetic, passionate son who teaches me every day how much God loves me and also how exasperating it can be to love someone who has free will.
I love to read, write, sing, walk my dog, knit, and travel with my family.
I have been a life-long Seventh-day Adventist, and I love my church for the way its beliefs sum up and reflect God’s love. From 2010 to 2013, I was a web columnist for Adventist Today. I really admire the effort they put forth to bring forward viewpoints from all different points on the Seventh-day Adventist spectrum. The discussions are always lively! These are the columns I published there. Not all of them are active on their new website, so I have republished some here.
- The Heart of Adventism
- Why I Keep the Sabbath
- This, the Power of the Cross
- Ten Ways to Grow Your Relationship with God
- Is Our Faith Dead?
- Belay On
- The Master Teacher
- Speaking the Truth in Love
- The Suffering of One Child
- Ten Ways to Connect with God in Worship
- The Heart of Faith
- God Loves Gays (and so should we)
- The Sabbath and Same-Sex Marriage
- The Sabbath and Same-Sex Marriage, part 2: Separation of Church & State
- The Sabbath and Same-Sex Marriage, part 3: Gays and the Church
- Galileo’s Uncertainty
- The Sabbath and Same-Sex Marriage, part 4: Marriage and Sexuality
- Where Would Jesus Spend Christmas?
- A Word for 2013